Saturday, April 10, 2010

In the Kitchen

We have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen. On Easter we had some friends over to join us for some yummy brunch, I would have pictures, but we were too busy eating, drinking and enjoying ourselves to take any! I did want to let you all know that I have a new favorite frittata recipe that I made on Easter, Asparagus and Goat Cheese frittata. Here is a link to the recipe I used : http://www.thegourmetfoodieblog.com/info/seasonal_eating/mothers-day-brunch-asparagus-goat-cheese-fritatta/ I would advise finishing it in the oven instead of trying to flip it (it got kind of interesting!). I LOVE this recipe!!

On another kitchen note, my dad went to see an author speak and got the kids a copy of her adorable book "Boy Dumplings" http://www.yingc.com/ it is about a ghost who wants to make dumplings out of a little boy. In the back is a recipe for "non-boy" dumplings and we decided that we should try it

Here are the kids hard a work, they loved making them. Micah kept saying "oh yeah, I'm gonna freestyle this one!"

We call these our "freestyle" dumplings, not sure if they look right, but we did it!


The tasty seal of approval! The kids loved the dumplings, next time I told them we should make them with boy!


Yum!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home