Monday, August 18, 2008

Surprise!

We spent this last weekend celebrating my dad's 60 years. Sean, Jody, Ana & Nancy joined us for the weekend. We spent Friday night at his place Qing it up with some of dad's friends from Incline and Diane and Jerry that he used to work with at Tandem. The boys got up and played an early round of golf in Incline. They came back to our new house for what dad thought was a relaxing BBQ with the family. Little did he know I had invited over about 20 of his friends. Including 2 of his best friends from high school. We thought that the piles of food and alcohol everywhere may have tipped him off, but I think we blindsided him!
Here he is with his friends from high school, left to right, Tom Barclay, dad, Susan Barclay, Joel Crews:
Dad and his friends at his party
Sean and Jody (Sean I hope you are happy to be on the blog!)
The cake that I made for the event and Ella putting the candles on:
Blowing out the candles:
Good times:
The kids are always there to help lick the candles....and open the presents...
Dad looking pleased with his 60th party:
It was fun to have a party for my dad and watch the surprise on his face as guests kept on arriving! We hope that he had a great time too! Neverending thanks to Ana, Nancy and Jody for helping me get everything ready, without them everyone would have been very hungry. Thanks Sean for motivating me to make it happen!! Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home