Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Dark Side

So far all the pictures on this blog are of smiling children, enjoying every moment of their lives. Seems nice...but it simply isn't the case. I figured that I should document some of the dark side as well.

This morning I new I had it coming. We had friends over for dinner last night, we were having so much fun that they didn't leave until 10pm. For kids who usually go to bed at 7:30 this is NOT a good thing, I like to refer to it as a "kid hangover". I woke up before the kids this morning and tried to prepare myself, it could be rough, you just never know. Ella got up first and seemed very even keeled and agreeable considering the wild night of partying she had done. About an hour later I heard Micah stir. That is when the fireworks started. First he screamed because he didn't want me to make Ella breakfast, then we could not for the life of us find a cup in the kitchen that was good enough for his juice, then we were out of bagels (life is hard), then I didn't give him the right waffles, then he wanted syrup on them but LOST IT when it went in the cracks. This was clearly a NO WIN situation for me, so I did what any normal person would do, sit back enjoy the show and giggle a little to myself that anyone could cry this much because of syrup.

Needless to say he was THRILLED when I broke out the camera:


I wonder what CPS's stance is on taking pictures of tantruming kids?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home